Friday, October 4, 2013

The Night I Had It Out With God

Luke 20:36

'...and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God's children, since they are children of the resurrection'

Welcome back to One Breath From Heaven. Welcome also first time visitors. I'm so glad you're here.

When we lose a child, it's so far beyond the natural order of life.  Acceptance of what's happened can eludes us, even when we think we're ready to move on. We feel a certain peace and cherish the memories  of our loved one instead of grieving. 

Suddenly, without warning, we're right back where we started. And we have lots of questions, don't we? But they all come down to one thing;  WHY?

Mine happened on Easter weekend when I flew to California to visit my son Donnie's grave. It was the night before I was scheduled to fly home to Pennsylvania.

"Why God?  Donnie was too young... He was my only son, my only child...  He was only 33."

I never heard a silence so loud.

And then God responded.  "I know."

I've never questioned Him since. God is merciful even when He sees us at our worst, when we dare to question Him.

We can go to Him with anything, even our anger.

Someday we'll be reunited with our loved ones and what a day that will be...

Blessings

Mary Netreba








No comments:

Post a Comment