Friday, October 11, 2013

The Comforting Aspect of Jesus

Isaiah 9 Verse 6

'For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.'


I must have read this verse countless times throughout the years, but  there was one part I never really caught and never even realized it. 'To us a son is given.'

When we lose a child, there are many things that instantly disappear. We are no longer secure. Our world is shaken to the core. Life as we know it no longer exists and we can never get it back. We're left to face daily the should haves, could haves, 'if only's, false guilt (something I'll post about in another blog), and of course, why. Always why.

I've known my Lord and Savior since the age of  28. As I grew in the knowledge of who He was, I felt pretty secure  I knew Him well. I was wrong. There was more.

After my son Donnie's passing, when I was in church one Sunday, I slowly began to see Jesus as a son. Before this I saw him as Savior, friend, and confidante. Maybe it's because I identified with His earthly mother, Mary. But what a blessing to add to the list of His aspects. Jesus, God's only son is our son too. He was given to us.

Praise God for His Revelation!

'Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.'

Son.

May you be blessed with His comfort and peace today


Your friend,

Mary Netreba






No comments:

Post a Comment