Tuesday, September 17, 2013

More Than Conquerors

Romans 8:28

'And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose'


Welcome back to One Breath from Heaven and a warm hello if you're new to this blog

I made mention in a previous post titled 'On Angels Wings'  about the first time I visited my son's grave. Donnie passed away while out of state. A marker was put on his grave to identify him. While I was there I placed flowers, seashells and rocks I had collected along the shore near his marker.
I made arrangements for a Headstone when I returned to Pennsylvania.

My son so loved the ocean.  I chose a beautiful design reflecting what I'm sure he would've wanted which included a lighthouse, the waves of the ocean and dolphins etched into the stone. I also had included 'Psalm 107, verse 1 under his name.

I still have flowers placed on his grave. I asked the florist if she would take a couple of pictures for me and send them, which she did. The seashells and rocks had been removed. It was a disappointment, but being a county grave I didn't have much of a say in the matter.

Recently I learned about a situation where parents are being asked to remove all mementos from their children's graves. It may not sound like a big issue for some but for a grieving parent who lives each day with the loss, knocked down, too tired, and some days feeling too defeated to go on, it's another obstacle to overcome. One of these Moms is a friend and told me that the Church Cemetery had been overgrown until she and two other Moms who lost children turned it into a beautiful garden.  And they're not giving in.  See that? Perfect example of more than Conquerors. :)

Placing keepsakes and mementos on our child's graves isn't to remind us of our child's passing. They're about keeping our child's memory alive.

May you be blessed in your journey...


Mary Netreba














No comments:

Post a Comment