Friday, August 2, 2013

Left Behind

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future


Can you remember a time in your life when you felt left behind? Perhaps you were held back a grade in school while your classmates moved ahead. Maybe it was a job promotion that you just knew you were going to get but at the next company meeting, the coveted advancement was given to someone else.

Being left behind doesn't feel good does it?  And dealing with the sense of abandonment while trying to move forward can be discouraging.

I can't speak for other parents who've lost a child, but I suspect many of us wonder why. Why my child God?  Why not me instead?

Why would God take a son or daughter and leave the parents behind? Ecclesiastes 3:vs -2 comes to mind; 'a time to be born and a time to die'.

One day the answer came to me out of the blue. I don't know why in the world I didn't see it before.

When we're 'Left Behind' I believe it's because He's not done with us yet.  We are still fulfilling God's purpose.  Which can only mean that when a loved ones dies, they've fulfilled His purpose in them.

May you find comfort today.

Blessings,

Mary Netreba










No comments:

Post a Comment