Monday, February 3, 2014

Reunited Again

1 Thessalonians 4:16,17
'For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

Hello and welcome to One Breath From Heaven. If you are new here, please feel free to browse around. It is my prayer that you find comfort knowing that others are sharing your same path on this earth; that of losing a child.  May you be blessed

                                                       ************************

I've been on this journey for awhile but it never fails to surprise me when I hear of the death of a child. While on Facebook this morning, I learned about another parent, a father, devastated over the loss of his beloved daughter. Inwardly I cringed, knowing all too well how he feels.

They say there are seven stages of grief. Maybe, but I have to disagree. Nothing in this world will ever fill the hole in your heart or your life ever again after the passing of a child. The stages repeat themselves over and over again, rearing their heads in various forms. Those of you that have been there know only too well.

Recently, the anniversary of my son's death passed. But grief did not. This time it felt like being on ground zero, starting the grieving process all over again. Friends prayed for me to help me through. I don't think they'll ever know how much it meant to me or the comfort it brought.

Whether you are knew to the journey or not, we have something to look forward to when  Christ returns and we reunite in that glorious moment.

Please say an extra prayer tonight for this gentleman and all, new and seasoned on the trail of one.

Blessings,

Mary Netreba

No comments:

Post a Comment