Saturday, July 6, 2013

When It Finally Hit Home

 NIV-  2 Corinthians Verses 3-4 

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God

Denial, shock, and the why's.

I think the 'why' was the one I struggled with the most. (Although it could at times change in an instant).  There is something strange, unnatural even about parents who outlive their child.

So why did it? I searched for the answer every day.

It couldn't have been more than a few months when God would show me.

One morning while reading the local newspaper, I learned of a young man who  died after a tragic accident. He'd been in the hospital for several days before  passing. Our church had been praying for him and his family. He was only 33. The same age my son was when he died.

The next Sunday morning I was in church when a woman I never saw before came in and sat in the pew across the aisle from me. It was clear she was very distressed. I found out she was the mother of the young man who died.

After the service I went over to her and sat down. I told how sorry I was for her loss. I also told her what happened to my son.

I'll never forget the look in her eyes.

"I haven't been to church in a long time," she said. "Before I left my home I asked God to please send me someone who would understand what I'm going through." 

Need I say more?

In God's world, there's no such thing as chance. He knew exactly what He was doing  (and still does...)

Blessings,

Mary
















No comments:

Post a Comment