Saturday, April 26, 2014

When Bad Things Happen to Good People

He was smart, handsome too.  Such a great kid. Bright future.

She was accepted at one of the best colleges in the country. Almost ready to graduate,  attend college in the fall.

He/she had their whole lives before them. He planned  to become a doctor. She had dreams of becoming a journalist. In one instant, it all changed.

Why? Why him? Why her? Why God?

I'm sure we've all felt one time one time or another that our world was turned upside.  But nothing compares to the loss of a child. The reality is so hard to handle. My heart goes out to you.

The grief over the loss of a child isn't the same as any other loss. The not normal event of outliving your child is just plain freakish. And no one knows exactly what to say. I'll never know this side of heaven why my son went before me.

Bad things happen to good people. Pain is unfortunately something we can't skip over. Holding onto our faith in the midst of the trial feels impossible. But one day, it'll all be over. This separation thankfully will end.

I picture seeing  Jesus for the first time in Heaven with my son Donnie beside Him.  What a reunion!

I hope to be back on a schedule and post regularly. (Working with my Editor on my Novel.)

May you be blessed , you are in my  prayers.

Mary Netreba     Mom.  Author.  Follower of Jesus Christ.





No comments:

Post a Comment